The tentative 4-year contract includes:
Pay raises averaging 13% statewide and new rates for 300 members in South Jersey.
- EXPANDED PENSION & RETIREMENT SECURITY: Our pension benefit now covers part-time workers in Newark & the Hudson Waterfront.
- MAINTAINED HEALTH CARE and kept health insurance 100% employer-paid.
- IMPROVEMENTS TO PROTECT VACATION PAY
- EXPANDED BEREAVEMENT LEAVE: A member can now take bereavement leave upon the death of his/her domestic partner and grandparents.
- GREATER PROTECTIONS REGARDING BUILDING TRANSFERS
- BACKGROUND CHECK PROTECTION: Written customer notice must be provided to the union prior to background checks.
- PROTECTIONS FOR PUBLIC SCHOOL CUSTODIANS
Ratification votes will be on:
Elizabeth 12 Noon
St. Mary of the Assumption
155 Washington Avenue, Basement
Morristown Neighborhood Center
12 Flager Street
New Brunswick 1 pm
5 Paterson Street, St. Nicholas Room
New Brunswick, NJ
2 Market Street
Perth Amboy 1:30 pm
Our Lady of Fatima Church
380 Smith Street
Perth Amboy, NJ
Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church
716 Watchung Avenue, Assembly Room 1
Red Bank 10am
St. Anthony of Padua
121 Bridge Avenue
Red Bank, NJ
Mercer County Community College
North Road & Academy Street, Room KC223
Jersey City 3 pm
Grace Church Van Vorst
39 Erie Street, Gymnasium
Jersey City, NJ
Newark 3 pm
The Newark Public Library
5 Washington Street (Auditorium 4FL)